Here are the descriptions of some of the board positions:
Vice-Chair of the Board:
- Learning about and supporting the duties of the chairperson,
- Assisting the chair and assuming the duties of the chairperson when the chairperson is unable to carry them out.
- It is assumed that the Vice-Chair will stand for election as Chair when the chairperson’s term ends.
- receiving all funds for the ministry of the congregation from offerings and other sources;
- disbursing these funds under the direction of the board;
- keeping records of all receipts and disbursements;
- reporting monthly to the Board;
- Presenting an independently reviewed financial statement to the congregation or pastoral charge at the Annual Meeting for all of the funds described above.
- Ensuring the Registered Charity Information Return is completed and submitted to the Revenue Canada Charities Division no later than six months after the end of the fiscal period.
- Liaise with the Finance Administrator (staff) and Finance Chair to prepare financial information.
The Treasurer shall be a member of the Finance Committee.